Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our music is being heard!

We've had quite a day today.
First thing this morning we were bored, or I was anyway, so we decided to do band practice. It's been hard work putting the drums in and Dan adjusting to the keyboard, but it's finally starting to pay off. We've basicly got two songs sorted and they're sounding really good. On Thursday we had guitar and drum lessons with our cool teacher, Daryll from Mana3, but we had hatched a crafty plot.
So when Daryll came in he found us ripping into Make up Your Mind. We've been meaning to show him our band for ages but never got around to actually asking him.
When we finally noticed him we kinda sorta stopped but he thought it was pretty good so we ended up doing an hour with our band rather than lessons. And it was really cool. He had loads of good ideas and I found out (much to my surprise) that a song dosn't have to be fast to be rocky.
As it turned out, somehing was kind of wrong. The song changed timing like about 5 times and apparently that dosn't sit well with audiences who like just the same time through the whole song. I have to admit it did get slightly confusing with all those changes.
So the next day (Friday) we fixed it up and it was kinda tricky but it was all sounding MUCH better today! Honestly it sounds much better than it originally did. So thanks Daryll. Your help was much appreciated.
Anyway, onto further news we, me and N8 that is, put the drums into Kiwi on My Wall which by the way is probably the most pointless song in history, but hey it's kinda funky (dare I use that terrible word!) and sounds pretty cool.
Today was also a bit sad cos Mum and Beka packed off and went South. Ok they're only there for four days but yeah. It's still kinda hard cos me n8 and Dad have to look after everyone. Not that I'm complaining aye.
Oh and something funny happened today as well. I was taking some stuff over to the neighbours and they told me if I'd ask Nate to not play the drums before 9 'o clock on a Saturday morning!!!!!!!! I almost cracked up laughing. We're in trouble! Na we'll be fine as long as Nathan dosn't get an urge to play the drums at 6:30 am!
Well now I know that our music is beng heard in some small way. Or at least the drums are anyway. =)

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jaws, nice to know that you're being appreciated..
luv ya
xxooMe