Monday, August 18, 2008

Tonight

Have you ever wondered why there's so many songs called Tonight? It seems to be a very popular Christian song title (along with I Believe) But seriously. Every single song I've heard which is called Tonight is cool. I'm loving this mean as one by Dortree (is that how you spell it???) at the moment. We heard it on the radio tonight and I'm like "Oh it's Tonight by Dortree! I love this song!" cos I'd heard it on Life FM a couple of times before. I don't know how it all goes, but this is the chorus:

And it feels like Tonight
I can't believe I'm broken inside.

And after all that we've been through

I'll try to make it up to you

And it feels like tonight

Or something like that anyway. And I just love it. I dunno what it is about the night which is so special, but it really makes a great name for a song. And every time I hear a tonight song, I always think of the moon. Cos the moon remains. It's always there, even when we can't see it. It has no true light of it's own, but reflects the sun. But at times, it can surpass the sun's beauty. And that's amazing.

Now it's time for me to sleep tonight. That's what you spend most of your nights doing aye? Weird that more songs are called Tonight, than Morning or Afternoon then, isn't it? Actually there's a perfectly logical reason for it. Tonight just sounds better.

Goodnight,

Jordan

No comments: