Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quite a lot about nothing

I have a complaint to make.

Why does the entire world seem to see New Zealand as being at the bottom of the planet? It doesn't make sense. We really could be at the top for all they know. I guess it dosn't really matter where you're placed though does it? The things we moan about...........

Well I had a happy day today. Most of it was spent doing nothing though. Except my all important guitar practice! I know how to play reggae now! (don't ask!)

But there's know fear of Mayday becoming a Reggae Band. Thankfully. The only reggae band I've heard happens to be Spacifix and even then I dislike it so much I've never fully listened to the whole song. So you can definatly rule out us sounding like reggae/jazz/funk. Which I guess you could have done before considering that I didn't even know how to play like that until 2 days ago.

On Friday (yesterday for all those who never bother to look at a calender) we had a mean band practice. Being in the mood to rock, we decided to add some distortion to our slow(er) songs, perking up Around and One Step Ahead considerably. And we made up a mean as opening for the latter. It was loads of fun. We missed out a couple of songs though but hey I guess it didn't matter. We were in the mood to rock and you can't really do that in a accoustic song or one which has no guitar in can you?????

I don't know. We didn't try to find out.

I've also decided that I need this other piece of equipment. It's kind of like an echoer and is used to great extent in August Rush and even Rapture Ruckus uses one to echo his voice in his song I Believe. It sounds really cool. I think Nate's got one on his keyboard, but he's never used it before.

So today we spent mostly getting ready for Monday. We're going skiing! At least some of us are anyway. Some of us are going snowboarding. It should be loads of fun. We've been waiting to go for like 3 weeks now but every time the weather's been really bad. But on Monday it's finally fine and sunny so we are all oh so excited.
Yeah.
That was a bit random. Oh well.
Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaws,
Random is good.. love your way of putting things! You are awesome!
xx
Mama