Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inspiration

I believe it can come from practically any where. But I don't know where all these ideas come from aye? Sometimes you can be so over-run with ideas that you spend an hour writing them all down, and other times you just sit down and find that all your brain is thinking about is that book you've been reading, or the fact that you're hungry.
And I've found, much to my annoyance, that most of my best ideas come when I don't have any means to write them down or anything. It really hacks me off.
Take Monday for instance. For some really weird reason I have always got awesome ideas on the way back from skiing. I think it's because my body is on such an adrenaline rush that it's got to feed all that energy somewhere. So it all goes into my brain and I end up thinking a hundred and ninety miles an hour.
Maybe it's also because it's so quiet. Except for the noise of the engine. Nobody says much. We're all to tired to talk. Or we're listening to our MP3. But I don't have one of those at the moment. So my brain was occupied by thinking.
I was coming up with all these mean lyrics for songs, but the problem with this is so many get crammed in your head that you forget most of them. And I didn't have anything to write them down with. Man it was annoying.
So eventually we stopped at BP and bought pies. Which came in paper bags. So I figured from then on that I had the paper. But I still needed the pen. When we stopped in Fielding I kept asking if anyone had a pen. They didn't,but Mum eventually found a gold one, and passed it back to me. I couldn't find it for a bit, then finally I sat up, triumphant, pen in hand. Unfortunately, my joy was short-lived. The pen didn't work.
When we finally got home I managed to write the words of some songs, but I had forgotten most of them. But the ones I did remember were good. By then, all my adrenaline had gone and I was bone-tired. Literally.

Next time, I'm bring a pen and a pad of paper.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny but also so sad when you knew the words and they were right and then you couldn't get them down and they won't come back to you. i think the plan for pen & paper is a good one (stash it in the tool box under the back seat)
love you
xo Mama