Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some more about guitars.

Wow today's been really busy! We've actually done band practice (finally!) and it was really good. We did all our best songs (all 7 of them!) including The Complaint. It was loads of fun.



And today I've also been studying up my guitar knowledge. I've finally decided that I really can't pretend to be a half decent guitarist if I don't even know what a Gibson Les Paul is. Which I do now. I even know that my guitar is a cheap copy of a Fender Stratocastor. Which is one of the greatest and mass-produced guitars ever. Don't even get me started on the list of great guitarists who play this instrument! (Actually I knew most of this before. But only cause someone told me.......)



Now next time someone engages me in conversation about guitars hopefully I won't be as awkward!




As you can see this looks very much like my own precious guitar. Except much much flasher. It's kind of like comparing a fake diamond to a real one. But when you're on a low budget the fake will do =).



Now this is one of the famous Les Paul's. You can tell the obvious difference can't you. The Stratocastor looks cooler.



Now there's only one thing to say about this. Stunning. Almost as cool as Switchfoot's guitars, which have the cover from their latest album, Oh Gravity all over them. I would love to own one of them. This is a Gibson 'Flying V'.

Yes, so I've told you most I know know about guitars. Which is most of what I've talked about this month.

Today me and Nate sat down with my eletric gutiar, turned the sound up high....................and blew the amp to smithereens! Na I'm kidding. We fiddled around with it and tried to make up a cool introduction by playing it like a drum. (If you've seen August Rush yet you'll know what I mean.) Well Nate did a fine job if it, as he is a drummer. Me, well lets just say I have a hard enough time as it is to keep time, and I couldn't reall figure it out. But then I tried something else: I rubbed the strings to make this mean fast sound. Now that's something you can't do on an acoustic!!!!!!

Night,

Jordan

P.S I guess the reason I've been getting in o my guitar lately is because I've figured out that I've been playing gutiar for a year. Rock on!!!!

No comments: