Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Life Story

......Is a big series of complicated events which I could never write out in full detail because I'd die before I finished and then it wouldn't be complete would it?
So me. I'd like to describe myself as a writer, but then I havn't really written anything for at least three weeks, unless blogs and schoolwork counts. Hang on, I've also writen half of a song. I only wrote half of it because I got distracted by the Olympics. Not very good is it. I hate leaving songs half-finished.
I guess the best way to describe myself, is the fact that I come up with crazy ideas. Like building a raft big enough to swordfight on. Like writing a song about McDonalds. Like writing stories which I'd like to read. Like starting a band.
Ok, the last one isn't that crazy, but then mostly nobody starts off a band with their own bros, in a time where only one of them can play an instrument.
Yes, now that's crazy.
So that's my life story. Or part of it. I think it best defines me. The other thing which really defines me is my music. Let's just say I'm really into it. But, only two years ago, I wasn't. I couldn't see the point of the piano, it was all to complicated for me, and the thought of even picking up another instrument hadn't even entered my head.
But that all changed when we went to THE concert.
Now, to be brutally honest, it wasn't the best concert I've been to. I mean the band themselves wasn't that famous. But back then, as I still do now, I fell in love with their sound.
That band was the good old kiwi trio of The Lads. It was the first time I'd ever heard a pop/rock band before, and it was so LOUD! But the music just blew me away. It was beautifull in a rockish kind of way. And they were the ones, who, after watching a live dvd of them, inspired us to start Mayday.
Now the times have changed, and I have a host of favourite bands: Stellar Kart, My Life Story, Hawk Nelson, Relient K, Matt Chapman, Calling Elijah..... just to name a few. But the Lads still remain up there. Every time I hear one of their songs, I get this good feeling like after everything else, you've came back to something you love and it's still the same. So, they might not of produced a cd for three years. So there's rumours of them becoming a little kids band. I don't care. They inspired us last year to start our own thing, and it has definitely been a journey on which I haven't looked back.
So thanks Lads. If it wasn't for you, there'd be no Mayday.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah go Lads! n go Mayday!
me