Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I would love to have a concert

Today we did a lot of stuff. I'm frankly surprised we managed to do it all AND I still got time to read one of my books. Swell!
Now unfortunately I have bad news. Everyone has the cold. Well at least everyone in our band anyway. It sucks. So today we were heading up to do band practice but unfortunately, some people didn't want to. Story of my life. Anyway, I've been over this a million times, so I'll cut to the good part. The long and short of it was we decide to fix up songs. Usually this doesn't work. And today was no exception. Except for one thing. Me and N8 finally managed to make up the meanest guitar opening ever!!!!!! Wow it sounds awesome! This is probably because I turn my guitar up to one below the highest setting. And it's LOUD! Honestly I get a bit scared thinking maybe my amp will blow up! I can't say I've ever heard of it happening before, but you never know. So I'll only go on the highest channel if I'm doing hammer-ons or quiet tricks like that.
Anyway, what we really want to do (or at least what I really want to do) is release a e.p on a record deal, film a music video, and have a concert. Now the first two seem pretty far out of reach unfortunately. But as for the third.....
So yeah. I would love to have a concert. I'd probably get stage fright but it would be just part of the show. And we could make a good image, a bad image, or something in between. But I reckon we could do it.
One thing I don't want us to be as a band, is boring. Once I bought myself a CD, and the music on it wasn't bad, but after a while, it just got boring. I barely ever listen to it anymore. Maybe it's because we listen to so many good bands. Maybe I don't like the band's style. I dunno but I don't want that to be what people think when they hear our music.
Also I don't want us to have what I've termed "Sound Alike Syndrome". When a band has quite good sounds, but after a few listens every song just starts to sound the same because they've got a particular style and they stick to it like concrete. They never experiment with any different styles, or even different tunes. It's just sad. No way do I want that to happen to us. I think every band should be creative with what they're playing. And we try to do just that. It might be the lyrics, it might be the opening, it might be the guitar or it might be the keyboard. I don't really care. As long as it's original.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jaws, I'll sponsor your concert! And come and stand in the front row cheering and singing along (unless that's really embarrassing in which case I'll sit in the back and be insignificant)
Love you!
Mama