Thursday, November 13, 2008

Writer's block

Just when you want to write something, all the words disappear from your head.
When you're living as usual, sometime's at the randomest moments you get this sentence, phrase, verse or idea in your head and you have to go and write it down before you forget it.
It's so unreliable and that's the beuty of it.
You can't force a song to happen, it just has to happen.
Otherwise it dosn't work.
Sometime's I wonder where all the ideas come from. Mum reckons they all come from God. I reckon she's right. Some of them just seem so good, so absolutly amazing that you can't really believe we thought of that ourselves.
So at the moment I'm really wanting to write another song for our side project Ground Zero (we havn't had a practice for ages and we're supposed to go to Fuse next year-ARGH!)
but as I've said, I can't think of anthing.
I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
That's the only way to do it.
Maybe I'm to distracted. When we went on a ski trip the first time this year I was quite bored on the way back so I had time to think. But the second time round the radio was on full bore on a boring as programme, and it was so annoying me that I couldn't write a scrap. So I just gave up.
I think I must have writer's block.
I still manage to write my blog fine though.

Jordan

No comments: