Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why I don't like reggae

Nothing to report really.
Except I learnt some more reggae today.
So did Nate.
I still don't think we'll put any reggae in our band. Not that I have anything against it. It's just not my style.
End of story.
I'd rather play Tears in Heaven any day.
Actually, to tell the truth, it is quite fun to play cos it sounds so (dare I say that word) funky.
And it's harder than my usual boring down-stroke guitar playing. So it gives me a challenge.
I just don't like listening to it.
Or maybe it's just Spacifix I don't like listening to.
There's actually this kind of annoying reggae song which used to be on the radio all the time, which I thought was pretty cool actually. It was by some guy called Taki Tanne.
Anyway that's quite enough about reggae.
Just goes to show that there's not anything else to write about except my personal tastes in music. So while I'm here I might as state a few more bands whose music I think just rocks.
Daughtry would have to be there. And Kutless. Kingston rock too. I quite like Mumsdollar as well, Fm Static are still the meanest, this Kiwi band which I have not seen yet or even heard much (unfortunatly) called Arm's Reach, Paramore are cool too. And there's this real cool band I've discovered lately called Search the City who sound really awesome so I'd pop them up there too. If you havn't heard Son of a Gun, then look it up, you won't regret it!
If you like rock that is......................

Jordan

3 comments:

beka said...

always on my mind! ha I love that song. lotsly.
xxx

beka said...

actually, that's one of my favourite songs, now I think about it. just because =)

mayday said...

it's quite catchy aye like shake it