Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rock-climbing

We havn't been doing much lately. We had a pretty terible practice yesterday. Two guesses.
I was out of time again!!! =O
Anyway enough about that.
Onto the good side.
Which happened to be Friday. (*Man I havn't blogged for ages!*) Me and Buzz went up to Flaxmere with the youth group to go rockclimbing. Mum came to and she didn't climb anything. She just got ropeburn. [that was probably my fault............] . Anyway up we climbed afer the instructer had given a far to long (not to mention boring) speech about how to rock climb. I'd already been before so me and Chris were like "Far out just get on with it!"
When we FINALLY were allowed to start climbing I zoomed up the wall........well kinda, then the instructer tells us to get down and swap with our belaying partners.
I was annoyed, to say the least.
Hehe anyway I managed to climb six walls over the course of the night and it was awesome. My hands did end up a little sore but that's all part of the fun.
The hardest one was probably the last one I was quite stuck there for a bit but I managed to make it all the way to the top.
There'd be a really good view of Flaxmere from there cos you're really high up (about 15 metres). The only problem is they don't have any windows. Kinda silly but I guess it's one less thing to worry about getting vandalized.
And you know the scariest thing about rock-climbing? When you're halfway up a wall clinging to a rock -which is far to small and attached to the wall by screws- and then it moves under you!!!!!
Of course you're all safely harnessed up and stuff but it's still quite freaky.
Anyway after that was all done we drove home. And listened to Linkin Park. Not the dodgy songs, the few good ones.
It was a awesome night.
I gotta do it again
Jaws

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

had i been a beginner rather than a non-starter i would have been very glad of the talk the instructor gave.. she did a good job of making sure you all knew what you were doing.
six walls! i knew you were the kind of kid that was always climbing the walls lol
xoMe