Wednesday, October 29, 2008

one of those days..........

Just thought I'd blog a really quick post, not that we've been up to much today. Practiced a bit more as usual. Read a few books, watched some tv.
Nothing spectacular.
It's been one of those mundane days. Even the weather hasn't been doing it's job. I mean it's spring but it's been rain, rain,rain lately in our small town.
I think I'm waiting for summer.
Reminds me of a song from one of my favourite cd's, Mhmmm [Reliet K], called High of 75. When I first heard the title I thought it was talking about 1975 but actually it's all about the weather.

We were talking together/ I said what's up with this weather/ Don't no whether or not how sad I just got/ Was on my own volition or if I'm just missing the sun

And tomorrow I know will be rainy at best/ And the forecast I know is that I'll be depressed/ But I'll wait outside hoping that I catch sight of the sun

Because on and off/ The clouds have fought/ For control over the sky/ And lately the weather has been so pi-polar/ And consequently so have I

But now I'm sunny with a high/ Of 75/ Since you took my heavy heart/ And made it light/ And it's funny how you find you enjoy your life/ When you're happy to be alive

And the temprature is freezing and then after dark/ There's a cold front sweeping in over my heart/ And we might break up/ If I don't wake up to the sun

Now that's a good song to listen to on day's like today.
And that's enough about the weather.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll say if i weren't careful i could say you were a chip off the old block lol
xoMe