Sunday, October 26, 2008

Moonlight Shadows

Oh man I'm really excited now because we've just got some awesome news.
First up we started writing Moonlight Shadows today at last which I was stoked about.
We tried to get the first verse done, but it didn't work to well. Turns out I'd written the start line with a tune similar to the start of Innocent. Nice one. It's funny how much of what you listen to leaks subconciously through your writing.
Then we decided that I'd go into our room and write a mean as introduction on the guitar while the keyboard men (N8 and Dan obviously) would write the verse.
And by the way we decided we wouldn't use the violen opening. It sounds cool but when we tried to write it the other day (when I hadn't written the lyrics, i.e about 3 weeks ago) me and Dan decided to practice it and ended up playing it about 50 times and by the end we were all heartily sick of it. There's only so much you can take. =)
So we decided it didn't fit.
Anyway so off I went into our bedroom and I made up the meanest ever opening. Then Nate got me in and he's like do you have anything and I said yeah but it's in the wrong key. But I played it to him anyway and he thought it was awesome.
Then we made it even better cos he made up this really cool strum which fits it so well. We practiced the opening with drums several times.
Then after peeling some potatoes for tea we went and polished off the opening and showed it to Dan then made up the entire first verse. Just like that. It was so cool.
Then we had to stop cos by now it was about half past six!
But we might finish it off tomorrow. If the rest of the song sounds as good, it'll be the best song we've ever done.
So we're quite proud of ourselves.
And guess what? At dinner Dad told us he'd ordered a part for that amp so he can finally get on to fixing it now!!!!!!!!!!
At last we will be able to hear Daniel.

Jordan



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait, aye Jaws!
Nate