Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What to say when you don't know what to say.

I mean really. How often does this situation happen to me? I don't know what to say. And I wish I did. Because this can get really awkward.
For instance, once I was attempting to have a conversation with this guy about guitars. Well, not a great subject, because I really have no idea what I'm talking about. He knew slightly more than me... but soon the conversation sidled off into a general feeling of not knowing what to say on both sides. Very uncomfortable, I assure you.
I wish there was some magic rule of what on earth to say at times like these.
Unfortunatly for me, there isn't. At least not that I know of.
So in the end you can end up saying a whole pile of complete nonsense and prattle on for hours about absolutely nothing. I guess that's what I'm doing now........
But seriously. There is like nothing I can say at the present. No concerts. No being asked for autographs. No major record label signings (I wish!). Still no drummer.
Someone once said everything is relative according to your position though. So if we flip this on it's head, we find out that fame isn't such a great thing. So what if the entire world dosn't know about our small town band?
The most important question to ask is that if they did, would it make a difference to them?
I'm convinced we're not on this world to just take up air. That we're a little more than useless. That we're here to make a difference to this world in whatever way we can. Whether small of large. Whether as something of extreme significance, or something which appears to have little or no significance.
We've got to shine like the stars.

That was certainly a big philosophical spiral. (I get it fom my parents...)
So that's me for tonight.
Goodnight,

Jordan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol jaws that's the funniest thing i've read all day shall i start the philosophical lesson now? you are sooooooo the coolest ever! mwah i love you!
mama

mayday said...

Wow 4 months later and we've had a concert kind of and got a drummer.
Well he used to be our keyboardist-until we got a drumkit.
Then we couldn't keep him off it!
Jordan