Saturday, July 12, 2008

All the cool songs you should hear....

Yes, indeed. All the cool songs you should hear. And here they are, words and all, even what their rating is, (according 2 me) and a bit about them:

Ancient History, - Hawk Nelson

Who I Am Hates Who I've been - Relient K

Letters - Stellar Kart

Dare You To Move - Switchfoot

Ancient History

Some girls tell you what you wanna hear. Those girls always make it very clear. But I know things are not what they appear. Nothing from nothing gets you nothing at all. We talk hours on the telephone. But you shut down when we're alone. You stop us from being close. Nothing from nothing gets you nothing at all. There's no rhyme and there's no reason. She don't want anything other than. She don't need anyone other than. She don't see anyone but herself, herself. I don't want anyone other than. I don't need anyone other than. I will solve your mystey. Make it ancient history. Some guys try to hide the way they feel. And sometimes it takes someone to break the seal. You can't negotiate a one-way deal. Nothing from nothing gets you nothing at all. I'll wait. I've got the patience of a saint. I just don't want you to hesitate. Cause you don't ever wanna mess with fate. Nothing from nothing gets you nothing at all. There's no rhyme and there's no reason. She don't want anything other than. She don't need anyone other than. She don't see anyone but herself, herself. I don't want anyone other than. I don't need anyone other than. I will solve your mystery. Make it ancient history. Don't mislead me, don't mistreat me. I don't understand. Why you're wearing me down. Please believe me, why defeat me. I don't understand. Why you're breaking me down. She don't want anyone other than. She don't need anything other than. She don't see anyone but herself, herself. I don't want anyone other than. I don't need anyone other than. I will solve your mystery. Make it ancient history. History... history... 9.5/10

So, that's how it goes. The main reason that I like this song, is probably cause of the rhyming places. I mean, "She don't want anyone other than. She don't need anything other than." That's one of the best phrases of a song, whether it's a phrase or a phase or not. Hawk Nelson did really well on this one.

Who I Am Hates Who I've Been

I watched the proverbial sunrise. Coming up over the pacific. And you might think I'm losing my mind. But I will shy away from the specifics. Cause I don't want you to know where I am. Cause then you'll see my heart in the saddest state it's ever been. And this is no place to try and live my life. Stop right there. That's exactly where I lost it. See that line. Well I never should have crossed it. Stop right there. Well I never should've said that. It's the very moment that I wish that I could take back. I'm sorry for. The person I became. I'm sorry that I took so long to change. I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again. Cause who I am hates who I've been. Who I am hates who I've been. I talked to absolutely no one. Couldn't keep to myself enough. And the things bottled inside had finally begun. To create so much pressure that I'd soon blow up. And I heard the reverberating footsteps. Syncing up to the beating of my heart. And I was positive that unless. I got myself together I would watch me fall apart. And I can't let that happen again. Cause then you'll see my heart in the saddest state it's ever been. And this is no place to try and live my life. Stop right there. That's exactly where I lost it. See that line. Well I never should've crossed it. Stop right there. Well I never should've said that. It's the very moment that I wish that I could take back. I'm sorry for the person I became. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change. I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again. Cause who I am hates who I've been. Who I am hates who I've been. And who I am will take the second chance you gave me. Who I am hates who I've been. Cause who I've been only ever made
me. 9.5/10

This song by Relient K is so true. It has to be one of their best rock songs.
It can stand up so much for some people, just by how it's all put together. People can hate their past, and their future might be looking bright.It's a really good song, and it can stand up for almost anyone.

Letters

Far from home you find me. Amidst the lost and dying. Nothing's fair in love and war. Worlds apart in desperation. Please erase the seperation. Only you are worth fighting for. There's love in every letter written. I hope that gets me through the day. Forever is never too long to wait. Someday soon we'll be together. Where a moment lasts forever. And our love shines brighter than the stars. Until then I will remember. Every word and every letter. The promises you've written on my heart.... on my heart. I see the darkness blinding. And all that's left are my dreams.To save me from the night. Your words of hope remind me. Somewhere the sun is shining. And don't give up the fight. Cause there's love in every letter written. I hope that gets me through the day. Forever's never too long to wait.Someday soon we'll be together. Where a moment lasts forever. Our love shines brighter than the stars. Until then I will remember. Every word and letter. The promises you've written on my heart....... on my heart.
9.5 /10 (again)

Yep. This is one of those sad songs. One of those songs which just hits you. As soon as you hear it, you're stricken with a sensation that just makes you want to cry out to Jesus. Stellar Kart do really well with that kind of thing. So, from this song you can learn a lot. And where it gets a bit more into it near the end of the song is where the power really becomes unleashed. And I'm really lovin' the acoustic guitar in the second verse........

Dare You To Move

Welcome to the planet. Welcome to existence. Everyone's here. Everyone's here. Everybody's watching you now. Everybody waits for you now. What happens next. What happens next.
I dare you to move. I dare you to move. I dare you to lift yourselves up off the floor. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. Like today never happened. Today never happened before. Welcome to the fallout. Welcome to resistence. The tension is here. The tension is here. Between who you are and who you could be. Between how it is and how it should be. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. I dare you to lift yourselves up off the floor. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. Like today never happened. Today never happened. Maybe redemption has stories too tell. Maybe forgiveness is is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself. Where you gonna go. Where you gonna go. Salvation is here. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. I dare you to lift yourselves up by the floor. I dare you to move. I dare you to move. Like today never happened. Today never happened before.
9/10

Switchfoot are one of those rare, tight, bands. And this song they made up and introduced has to be one of their best. If you're a Switchfoot fan, and you haven't heard this song, you're not a real Switchfoot fan. And if you're into those kind of rock, kind of slow song, this song is exactly what you're looking for. Switchfoot had to of worked extra hard to make a song this good.

So, that's all the main songs that I'm really onto at this precise moment. There are a couple of other really cool ones, but I'm getting sick of typing.

Cya,

Nate

No comments: