Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I should have started sooner......



Well, while I'm all hyped up about getting our band a blog and everything....I'm thinking I really should have done this last year. But then I probably wouldn't have dreamed this up last year.
Anyway, so here's a little history about us.
Mayday was hatched in the minds of me and Nate after watching a live dvd of a band. We thought "Hey-it would be pretty fun to have a band!" So our plans were formed in bed (while we were supposed to be sleeping).
Our band began with only 1 instrument {-shock horror!-}, our Dad's old piano. despite having a few things missing, I was not short of inspiration. Within days our first couple of songs had been written. We originally had this idea that I was the lead singer, as back then, I couldn't play an instrument to save my life (someone would probably note that I couldn't sing to save my life either-but that's another story!). so one day Nate suggested to me that maybe I should start learning an instrument-the guitar!
Also we bought a keyboard off TradeMe (the wonders of the internet). Things were looking up for our band.
This year (2008 for all those who live under a rock) our band has really taken off. I don't mean touring America there either (though that would be an idea!) Having equiped ourselves with an eletric guitar, and a bucketload of brilliant new songs, our band was vastly improved since the long-forgotten days of Nathan tinkling the piano keys, and me and Daniel attempting to sing into M&M bottles.

So that's us. Only one problem. To this day only three people outside our family have ever seen us perform. Shocking isn't it?

Mayday is:

Daniel : Lead Vocals

Jordan :Guitars, backing vocals,songwriter

Nathan : Keyboards

So at the moment we're a band of brothers.











I don't really know how to describe our sound either. you'd have to listen and find out (and tell us when you've found out so we can pretend we sound like this band, or that band!)

Goodnight everybody......

Jordan
P.S I've finished my first blog! =)

1 comment:

mayday said...

awsum jaws lukn 4wd 2 readn mor about u n hearn mor of ur mean soundz Mama