Thursday, July 24, 2008

Around


Now where to start?


It's an intresting question. Sometimes you have to start at the beginning. Sometimes you have to start at the end. Sometimes, on the rare occasion, you have to start in the middle. Or somewhere in between.

Sometimes I get annoyed because I can't start something I want to do. Like band practice. Sometimes I wish life would just slow down and give us time to catch up with it.........

I wrote an entire song based on that wish. And I've found out there's actually oodles of songs written about it. My song, Around, is one of the many few. Hopefully though it dosn't remain obscure though, cos it makes my point, and that point is a point which other people feel that they can associate with because that point is one they see as well.

Gosh that was a long and complicated sentence. I think I have once again drifted back into my natural state of seriousness (I don't know if that's a word, but if it isn't it is now because I just made it up!). I guess this is probably attributed to me reading a book most of my day.

So. Nothing of any significance today has happened to our band. I guess that's not really a bad thing though. Sometimese need to take a step back from our oh so busy lives, and look at where we're actually going.

I really am in a philosophical mood tonight!

(side note: I know I spelled it wrong, ok?)

Then again, maybe I'm somewhere inbetween. It's hard to tell sometimes.


AROUND


Slow down, slow down: Can't we stop spinning around: Cos the world is just: Passing us by: And all the while: We're wondering why


Cause We're spinning: Around and around and around: And we're speeding up: Not slowing down


And why does everything spin so fast: We can't break free and we're coming in last: Arond us the world keeps spinning by: And we're wondering why


Slow down, stop now: And we're asking how: Cause this has happened: To us before: And it started when: We stepped out of the door


Around and around and around: Don't speed up, slow down: Around and around and around: Don't speed up, slow down.
{c} Copyright Mayday 2008

That's exactly what we want to hear sometimes. When I was writing it, I thought I should just write a song about our lives being way to fast. Then the tune just came to me when I had finished, and I quickly grabbed Nate, and sung it out, line by line; while he translated it into piano notes and we wrote it down. Just like that. It was one of the easies songs to write.

And that's my random musings for today.


Jordan



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you spelled it right & the song is spot on..
keep it up Mr Philosopher... wonder who you take after lol???
xo
Mama