Friday, July 4, 2008

"The difference between eggs and ham"


So, this is me, Nate. Despite me and Daniels groans as Jords says "time for band practice," it actually turns out to be pretty fun. Usually the windows are wide open - we hope a customer comes up while we're rockin' it out - anything 2 get the word out about us. =]

So, one of my worst parts of our band is when Jords says we should "fix up a song." Normally he says the guitar is fine and we should play something a tad different on the piano and I say the guitar is fine, it could be better, and if we're working on fixing something up, it should be our timing. So he says thathe would play in time if we had some drums. And I say he's right - buuuuuuuut we don't. Then Mum calls us to do the dishes or empty the compost. =(

And, some of the best parts about our band, is just.......... playing. I mean, every kid should do this. It's cool experiencing the sound, and knowing that it was us that made that new sound up. =) Aaaaaaarghh! I wish this computer had some way of flipping those smiley faces the right way up!

I think for a band of ages 11 to 15, we're not too bad. We've defintely improved along the years. (which I can't really say, as we only started about a year or go as a guess)

About our songs: Our best song would have to be "Break this Silence." Yes, it is our rockiest song, too. It's mainly about the atmosphere - I never can spell that word right! - being too quiet, and then someone breaks the silence - don't ask me how, probably with electric guitar & drums ........ yeah.

Another of our songs - "Kiwi on my wall," is about... yep, you got it. It's one of those silly songs, all about a picture on Jord's wall. "Cut it Out," "Make upYour Mind," "Cling to the Cross," "Out of it All," "Under this Sun," "One Step Ahead," "Around," "One Day," "Falling," "Don't Wait too Long,"(acoustic) and last, but not least, (pretty much of a lame saying, but.........) "Turn On the Lights," you can sort of tell what they're about by their title.

Better stop now, as Jords & Dan want me to come and do band practice! =)

Seeya 4 now


Nate

No comments: