Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Randomest Song Of The Year

Right, this will have to be quick because I'll probably get kicked off the computer any moment now.
We had an awesome day to today. Even the rain and the big incoming storm didn't dampen our spirits. I woke up REALLY early today after a late-ish night yesterday, because it was time to write a song. Now usually our songwriting sessions go like this: We start to think up the first couple of lines. I offer some dumb tunes. Finally Nate thinks of something and we write it down. Most songs take at least an hour to write. With a few exceptions. Some songs we've wrote in minutes. Other ones....well, lets just say we've tried to write them at least three times, but we still don't have the first line completed!
So as I was saying I woke up really early, get out of bed and find Nate's already written the words down on a bit of A4 paper. One job down!
Then I discover that him and Daniel actually wrote the entire song by themselves yesterday while I was out (which I had guessed!) !!!!!!!
They're so nice, aren't they? Oh well at least I didn't have to write a song! Thanks guys!
And that was only the start of our great day!
Anyway, the song they wrote was called The Complaint, and seeing as my mother requested words for it, here they are:

THE COMPLAINT

Why does it rhyme? Why is it all in time: Throw away the metronome: And don't ever think: About getting out of sync: Leave that to the garden gnome

We're into the second verse: And this is getting worse and worse: I think I'm just going to burst

Now my bridge is bridging the bridges: And we've lost all interest: So I'm ending the end that I began: And now I'll do it all over again
{c} Copyright Mayday 2008

Random aye?

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It is awesome!! Make sure you drag me in there when you get the music to those lyrics won't you!
xxoo
Mama