Sunday, January 4, 2009

Summer

One of my favourite summery things to do (that is now officially a word in my vocabulary), along wih the usuals: pick plums, play with friends, barbecues, camping, Parachute, sun, going to the beach, and swimming is a tradition us boys have. During the month of January we are not, under any circumstances, allowed to sleep in our own beds for more than 3 days.
So instead we sleep in our sleeping bags everywhere. Once we slept under the stars on a ground sheet: that was cool excpet the mozzies bit us to death. Another time we got sent inside cos we were too noisy, but we slept on top of our beds.
And today the freakiest thing ever happened. I woke up and threw off one of my blankets (cos it was a real cold night yesterday).
Only to discover on top if my other blanket, crawling along on top of me towards my face was a weta.
Luckily I'm not a wimp and have dealt with many weta's in my lifetime. So I took it outside, shook the blanket out, grabbed the axe and- yeah. You know.
It was quite freaky.
We're not going to be sleeping out there for a while.

Jordan

P.s Sorry to any animal lovers out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sorry to the animal lovers because you were bitten to death (yay for resurrection) or because you chopped that poor defenceless weta's head off? :-)
xoMe
P.S. a note to all of cyberspace: actually Jaws is my official knight in shining armour and has saved this damsel in distress from numerous monsters in times past and no doubt will continue to do so aided by his trusty brother-knights :-)

stacey said...

hehe that made me laugh
gosh talk about brave lol
haha randomly passed through
stacey