Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Almost finished (but not quite)

There's only one more day until Parachute and I am so hyped. I couldn't go to sleep last night cos I was so busy thinking about it.
I printed off a program today and underlined all the bands I am going to see including some random bands who I've never heard of.
This is because last year we only went to see three bands. We were only there for a day, but still I reckon we could have seen way more. And if they suck well I can always walk out of there.
Today I finally got to watch my Parachute Band dvd from their new album Technicolour. It was real cool. Their lead singer Omega gave a testimony of how he almost committed suicide beacause he was born with no nose. Then God spoke to him and basicaly saved his life. After that he went to his bedroom, got out his guitar and sat down and wrote Mercy.
When you hear things like this you just know God is real and he's at work in this world, even though at times it dosn't feel like it.
Last night I finally thought of the chorus for a song I've been trying to write for so long now. I tried all these different ones but nothing seemed to work. Then suddenly it was just like God put the words on my heart.
It was awesome.
And we attempted to finish that song today but it went dumb. There was this bit I was supposed to play but I kept doing it in the wrong timing and couldn't get it right. Then finally I varied it a bit and got the timing right and Nate said that wasn't cool enough and I had to do the other way. Man! So we decided to leave it for today and try something new tommorrow.
Hopefully it works cos I really want to get that song done before Parachute.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i couldn't sleep last night either but it wasn't because of P09. isn't it awesome when God speaks something just like that into your life?
man you guys were funny today.. you know i've observed that sometimes we can work really hard to get something done in our own strength because we have trouble sitting patiently waiting for God to sort it out? done it a zillion times myself.. have you thought about praying together about it, then leaving it in God's hands to sort out like you would something lost?
:-)
luv u
xoMe