Sunday, January 4, 2009

Priority's

Well someone posed a important question today.
It was in the middle of a sermon. Let's put it bluntly: it wasn't a very good sermon, and my mind kept wandering all over the place as it does when I'm bored.
The question was would you put all your dreams and plans on the line for God?
The typical Christian answer would, of course, be yes.
But if we go a little deeper is that the real answer?
That maybe God doesn't want us to rock the world? Maybe he wants us to do something else for him.
I don't know. But anyway the question is would you be willing to. And I looked at myself honestly today, and most of me said "No." even though I knew it should be saying "yes."
I reckon the new year is great start to get your priority's right. When we first started Mayday after watching a Lad's rockin' live dvd, we started it cos we thought it would be a bit of fun. Play a few gigs and stuff. Get up there.
Then at the Ember Days concert I realized that we'd been given these musical gifts to glorify God. To lift his name through how we play.
On a broader scale, all my songs I've written (except Kiwi on my Wall and The Complaint) make a statement. They're designed to encorouge people. I know I havn't been through half as much as some people but I say what I can.
So things to do this year: Surrender your plans to God. And go where he leads.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty Jaws.. I'll take up the challenge, with God's help. The trouble I have is that I lay my plans down, yeild them to God, and then find I've picked them up again a little while later. Still, each time is a little closer, so here I go again.
Keep inspiring..
xoMe