Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We did it!

Wow today was rocking as! We started off with a mean photoshoot, clambering over structures, eating lollies and playing music from my mp3 speakers! It was epic but I'll wait until I get some pictures before talking about it to much.
Then in the afternoon we did band practice. Daniel was having so much trouble trying to figure it out without playing the tune. Me and Nate were getting rather exasperated with this so I suggested we try another one. After Nate wrote out all the proper chords I had a go with it on my guitar and it sounded real good. The opening was real easy to do as well-I just took one of my many opening-in-the-making's and changed the chords round a bit. We played it all the way up to verse 2 it sounded MEAN!!! We were pretty stoked aye.
The weird thing was we've tried to incubate eletric guitar into that song a million times before and it's never ever ever worked. But this time it did-perfectly! I think I'm getting better at it all........ Freaky thing is I've almost been playing for two years! Makes me sound way better than just one year!
We were planning to do some of our ep case today but that didn't work out sooooo hmmm maybe another day? I spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to get a song on our blog. I had a real awesome idea of putting the words on a screensaver and letting that file along while the song was playing. Turns out my screensaver can't fit that many words in =( I was pretty gutted.
Then we had a awesome youth meeting planning for next term @ the church. Yay yay it's going to be so much fun I can't wait!!!!

Jordan

P.s the song we fixed up was Under this Sun by the way

No comments: