Friday, April 10, 2009

Remember Yesterday?

There once was this band called Grey Holiday.
I was the only one who liked them.
Everyone else in our family thought they sucked, or weren't to great.
So I used to look them up quite a bit. They only had had one ep out-The Glorious Revolution. They first came to my attention through Soul Purpose when I saw their cd review and thought "hey that looks good." So on a random whim I looked them up-and liked them a fair bit. But as I mentioned before that no-one else seemed to like their music much. Had no idea why! Then I watched one of their music videos and Nate didn't like their drumkit-only a bass, one tom, a snare and a high hat. Shoking.
I didn't think it mattered, but then I watched another music video and the guitarist's rocking left much to be desired. Ok I admit it. It sucked. So I went off them for a bit until one day I went back to their myspace only to discover they'd disbanded. NOOOOOOOOO!
Nate was, as always, sympathetic by stating that was shameful.
So then I didn't listen to them for ages and then about half a year later I was looking up some stuff and I say "I know I'll look up Grey Holiday!" and Nate's like "NOOOOOOOOO!" but I looked it up anyway. And I realized I actually like this band.
So the whole point of this random post is that you're allowed to like things other people don't enjoy somuch. Everyone's different. Serious. My friends have heaps different taste in music than me.
Don't try to change cos the world expects you to.

Jords

1 comment:

mayday said...

wrong jord. they only had the bass drum, snare and high hat. even more shocking,