Thursday, April 23, 2009

our crazy afternoon

Today was a bit boring, so this afternoon me and Jords fixed up his raft. Then we went down to the domain with our small boat and the raft.
The short story:
We sailed the boats but the raft sunk a bit. Jordan kept sinking. We got wet and eventually went home.
The long Story:
The raft only just floated. It was kinda just sitting on the water. I went on it in the duckpond down the bottom and Jords went on his tiny boat. Then he said: 'Hey nate, why don't we swap boats?!'
I was like, 'Uh..... maybe that's not such a good idea.'
It wasn't.
We both stood up on our boats. Jords stepped forward, so more of his weight went to the front. The front tipped up and water flooded in. A few seconds later his boat was at the bottom of the duckpond, with him still standing in it. Me and Dan sighed.
So I paddled the raft happily to the other side (which was closer), and Dan helped me up.
Then, after a bit of thinking we shoved the raft out to Jords. We held onto the rope, which was tied to it. Jords eventually got on the raft, and that started sinking too.....So then the sunken boat rose up and popped out of the water.. it looked quite funny.. yes, extremely funny.. So he jumped into that, chucked us the rope, and we pulled both boats and him in.
After a bit more paddling, Jords had another "good idea". This time, he thought we should have a race. So off me and him went. He was on the boat and I was on the raft. Then his boat looked a bit too full of water, so Dan told him to come back. He turned.
Bad mistake.
When he turned, he leant his body over.... which leant the boat over..... which made water flood in. A few seconds later, he was in exactly the same position as last time.
We all just stood there for a bit, then me and Dan sighed again.
Only this time it was more annoying, cause Jords was two metres from the other side. However, there were lots of weeds and cutting grass in the way, so we had to do it the long way.
I rowed back to the shore, then we shoved the raft out to Jords as far as we could.
Not far enough tho
Jords half jumped, half swam to the raft.
When he got there, we all cheered.
Only there was a problem.
The boat wasn't coming back up. Jords got back to the bank and we all stood there waiting.
I went out and prodded the bottom to see if I could find it. Once I actually hit it, but then lost it. The water was icy and I eventually gave up.
Dan went out and found it.
After a bit of jostling and shoving, it finally came out.
Then Mum picked us up.
The hot shower I had when I got home was the best thing all day.
It was insanely fun.

nate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was awesome even though i didn't see it! just the story value was worth it.. the experience of wallowing in icy-cold duck-poo-laced pond water must have been immensely thrilling for you to have gone back in for a second go! :-) YAY4BOYS! down with boredom!
xoMe

mayday said...

it was very crazy....
nate