Saturday, October 3, 2009

Parkour.....among other things

Today was real fun. We went with Beka to Palmy and took lots of photos in the studio, and listened to music and went shopping in the plazza and listened to lots of music.....
I'm loving One Republic @ the moment. "Apoligize" is the awesomest one, and "All the Right Moves" is possibly even better. I love it when radios play the songs you want to hear!!!!!!!!!
We got home and did a bit of band practice, and after tea me and Nate went to the park to practice our "parkour" (if you could call it that!). We basicly just jump off the playground and stuff. We aren't really good enough to sneak into town and start vaulting on roofs.....(not that I'm sure we want to!) But we managed to vault this rail on a high band rotunda thing and it was real fun.
Then after we got home they all started watching MONSTERS, INC (you gotta love Pixar films-I can't wait to see UP!) and I went off to my bedroom and wrote a guitar solo. And it actually worked! Usually it just fails miserably aye. But I've learnt something. Sometimes the best solo's are actually the easiest. Take for example the mean guitar at the end of "Fix you" by Coldplay. I like it more than some Joe Satriani songs which are way harder. They just don't have the same feeling to it. I learnt how to play it on guitar the other day and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy! Nate could practically play it! And trust me, he is far from being even competent on the guitar.
So instead of trying to make it complicated I just wrote it. And it worked!
I love it when stuff go right!
Peace, Love, Justice and Music.

Jordan

No comments: