Saturday, March 7, 2009

Something worth remembering.

I love church camp.
This years one was definitly the best. We stayed in the Youth Group Dorms, and had so much fun dropping pillows on unsuspecting heads.
We had an awesome speaker called Elliot. He stayed the entire weekend which is something none of our speakers have ever done before. His speach thing was pretty mean- something about demolishing your own temples and letting God build his one. This kinda struck home because for a long time I have been guilty of doing this-imagining us playing on bigger stages, to cheering audiences, death circles, etc............. but I don't think that's what God wants us to do at the moment.
Otherwise we'd be doing it.
We have to get our focus right. What's more important, to praise God with stringed instruments, organs, and loud cymbals (Psalm 150: 4-5) or to seek after the praise ofpeople?
So yeah. That was what I got from it.
The other cool thing about Elliot was he got to know us real well and we ended up having an epic chat with him on Saturday night about all sorts of stuff.
We had an mean soccer game in the pouring rain on Saturday. I got so soaked and my team ended up losing but it was awesome anyway.
We went to the beach to swim but it was freezing so we watched a dramatic rescue of some lifeguards who'd been swept out to sea. This rescue involved a jet ski, a motorboat and a helecopter which landed in the carpark.
But thankfuly God was working and no one was drowned, and they all got safely back.
Sunday was just about as awesome. There was four baptisms down at the beach. The sea was real nice. It was awesome to watch the four people give their lives to God like I did two years ago at the exact same beach.
Then we went back to camp and had communion and lunch, before packing up. Elliot left (apparently he had to get back for band practice- far more dedicated than me! Dad said he was in a hip hop band. Nate however is convinced he's Brad Dring from Rapture Ruckus [which he isn't, obviously]. But anyway....) pretty soon after lunch and then we packed up and left about 5ish.
It was truly awesome.
Now. I better get off the computer before I get in trouble.

Jordan

2 comments:

mayday said...

He IS Brad Dring Jords! I bet Brad is his stage name, and his hiphop band is actually Rapture Ruckus! I even got his signature. He signed it, "Brad Dring." I asked him too, but still...
nate

Anonymous said...

yeah n8! u r still funny.. i like the message you got jaws, sounds like God was talkin' through brad dring or elliot or whoever he was..
its no longer i that live but Christ that lives in me aye, so it doesn't matter what his name is lol
xoMe