Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 days till zero

Or to put it other words, 10 days until we're rocking it up at the variety concert.
We practiced four of our songs today in front of our music teachers (and Mum!) and it was real good. We knew the songs so well that we did them pocket as and I even chilled a bit and started rocking, which up until now I've found pretty hard to do in front of people outside our family. But hey. All sweet now. We've got them sorted and the confidence levels seem pretty high. Hopefully it stays like that!
Daryl helped us a bit with our key change by adding a extra drumbeat. It sounds way better and we stay on time to.
So. It's all set.
Apparently this Variety concert is getting a bit offhand. They've not just got people from our church in, but heaps of other randoms as well. Which doesn't sound like a good idea. It's going to be about 4 hours long!
Way overboard, if you ask me.
So our teachers were saying they might be cutting it in two, one for the kids and stuff and one for the adult performers, which would work out well for us could we could play more than 2 songs!
Anyway, we have yet to see what will transpire.
Oh-and I'm going away tomorrow for a leadership course. =) Fun-I'm just not so confident about my leader qualities. I'm good at talking in small groups, or as front man for our band, but I hate doing get up and speak kinda things cos I get so nervous.
Terrible aye?

Jordan

No comments: