Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good day, bad day

I should write a song called that.
Well today was a good day and a bad day. We didn't do band practice cos my string broke yesterday. It was annoying. So we played all our acoustic songs, all five of them. Make up Your Mind sounded especially good. It was probably the most chilled-out band practice we'd ever had. And it sounded good.
So. I've got to buy a set of replacement strings. Just in case I break another one before the concert.
I think I play to hard.
Anyway we wouldn't have had time to do it today cos Thursday is by far the busiest day ever. I didn't even do my guitar cos I had to go to soccer practice. Then it was back home for babysitting until now.
My goodness. Time to cut back on something.
Then again, I did have to double my schoolwork, cos tomorrow we're going to Palmy so Daryl has to give us our lessons in the morning.
Apparently I'm playing guitar at church on Sunday. Eek. Not sure I'm up to the job. I only have 3 days to learn it in. I don't even know what we're playing. I'm not exactly the quickest learner either.
Sooooooooooooo........
Our concert songs: Going OK at the moment. We still can't figure out our opening songs. I want to go for our hardest rocker, but maybe that's not such a good idea cos we're playing for mainly our church. Any ideas?

Tonight: Swell. We made a movie, and hung out with our mates. It was pretty good.

Songwriting: Stuck on the chorus. Ironically the song is called Speechless. I'm not kidding!

Song of the Day: Safe to say by Playjerise. They are so awesome. At the moment I'm really getting into the accoustic sound. Which we would be able to do if Mayday had another guitarist.

On the whole: Awesome thanks.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, today Joan said she had a left handed guitar at home which she will dig out and give to us... so your guitarist could be....?
:-) I reckon that he could be awesome as he grows more selfcontrolled because he has the music in him..
just a thought
xoMe