Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Overthinking

Right-so far I'm pretty excited. We've sent our Parachute Application to play on their Debut stage early next year. I really hope they accept it cos that'd be a big step up for our band. We wouldn't exactly playing in front of 3000+ people (I wish!) but at least we'll have a crowd which moshes (hopefully!).
I'm pretty sure you could mosh to some of our songs. Maybe not headbang, but definitely mosh. =)
And the other reason I'm stoked is because that my guitar teacher showed me how to play the bridge of Overthinking-which is by far the greatest guitar lead I've heard done on an accoustic. It's MEAN! I LOVE IT!
Relient K are pretty much the top of my list of favourite bands at the mo'.
I'm so excited about their new album. Mhmmm and 5 Score and 7 years..... were awesome and I can't wait to get their new one as soon as it comes out in Nz!
I love this song so much.
"Over Thinking"
I was thinking over thinking
Cause there's just too many scenarios
To analayze look in my eyes
Cause you're my dream please come true

I was thinkingover thinking
About exactly how I'm not exactly him
I'll break my heart in two more times than you could ever do
Cos you're my dream please come true

Cos I think way too much
On a one track mind
And you're so out of touch
Cause i'm so far behind
I can't deny this anymore, the facts ignored all done before
And if there's one in this world,you let me know you're not that girl

I was sinking, lower sinking
cause I lost the things I held on to
They let me think a thought a thought that i would know was not
Of seeing my dream come true

I was thinking over thinking
About how far i had let this go
There's nothing left to say, I know now you're just in the way
Of me and my dream come true

Don't touch the positive with the negative end
Don't touch the positive with the negative end
Cause after all of the sparks you're still alone in the dark
Cause after all of the sparks you're left alone in the darkand

While I'm able,I think I'll label experience with you as a mistake
And while I'm at it, I'll say I've had it
Experience with you is a mistake

It's a bit sad, but still. The lyrics are awesome! And the music's even awesomer!

Jordan

No comments: