Monday, August 17, 2009

My best friends the Creator of the Universe

Such a simple line.
I played that song on the guitar yesterday, and it sure brought back some memories.
The Lads:

The first real christian band I heard. Man, do we owe them one! They used to fully be my all-time favourite, even though I only went to see one show of theirs. It was loud, rocking, moshing-all the stuff I love now. Their songs had the awesomest lyrics, distorted guitar, all that.

In fact, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't even have a band. We got inspired by a live dvd of theirs, and started our band. This guy here, Bjorn was half the reason I started guitar-so I could get good enough to play alongside him in the Lads.

Unfortunately that dream along with others of owning a hobbit camp and other stuff like that kind of evaporated over the years. The Lads disappeared into minority after that summer of 2007. Eventually news got out that they were going into kids music (gasp!) That kind of ruined it for me cos I didn't want to be playing for some wiggles-type band. I got a new favourite band (Stellar Kart!) and just kind of moved on.

Only sometimes now I look back and think how it used to be. I still listen to some of the Lads old stuff now which is still great. They really connected with the crowd with their music, and passion for God.

It was everything we wanted to be like.

Jordan

Ps. My Best Friends the Creator of the Universe is a line from a Lads song called Creator, one of my all-time favourites songs.Look up the lyrics, they're mint!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i reckon those dreams are the seeds of the actual stuff you do.. and I REMEMBER THAT CONCERT... it was the one which changed the face of modern Christian music for me.. the one where I began to see the heart of the people above the music they were making and instead of shutting my ears to it, began to listen for what it was they were saying in the music I'd previously turned a deaf ear to.. that concert opened a whole world to me too. Thank you Lads, may you reap in glory what you've sown here on earth!
xoMe

will-i-am said...

i feal sorry for all lads fans.Tey completley ruined them selves. R.I.P the lads