Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Man I love writing

I love writing things.
I like writing books and let my imagination run wild. I like txting people lots. I like writing about things. I like writing in my diary, and of course I like writing blogs.
Man writing's cool. I'm so glad God invented it.
I don't like writing poetry though. No way.
Or essays.
Though once I wrote an entire essay randomly on the computer about how impractical igloos were.
It was quite fun.
I think the reason I like writing songs is because of the lyrics. I always write them first, and the tune always kind of follows on behind.
Now someone's probably going to point out that isn't writing poems like writing songs?
Well I entirely disagree.
The other weird thing is that Daniel, who is lead singer of our band, and in the most powerful position as a general rule, SHOULD be writing all our songs (or at least the lyrics). Cos that's what singers usually do.
And he's good at poetry too. He even likes it!
But he's not very good in the songwriting department (no offence Dan).
So we're a bit of a back-to front band. But I guess it's not all that weird. After all, when we started our band, I was the lead singer.
(And I was trying to convince Dan to play another instrument for our band, among those was the guitar. Then Nate says "Why don't you play the guitar?" and I think about it for a second then said "Why not?")
Oh well I don't really mind. Personally I like what I do and even though it's a bit different from the norm, it all sounds really well in the end.

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaws, what is normal anyway? Be who you are - I'm proud of you all!
xoxoMe