Monday, July 2, 2012

Late Nights and Early Parades...

I love doing this....
Just staying up late at night and listening to music.
It's almost strangely peaceful.
And after the busyness of the day, I just get to sit here and type.
And listen.
And type some more.
Music is just amazing how it can transport you to other places, and other lands. Ever since I was small, I've loved the feeling of travelling outside of yourself.
Now I know that sounds like some hippy statement, like I've been taking the wrong pills or something, but trust me, it's not really (and I haven't [and hopefully never will] been taking drugs!).
Travelling outside of yourself is just like going somewhere where you can't go. Basically it's just a fancy way of saying you let your imagination wander. And let it take you where it will...
I used to do it with books. Some people do it with art - there was a painting I saw today which really impacted on me. Somethings you can stare at for hours, and still find something new in every corner.
But lately, I've been doing it with music.
Specifically, the ethereal, haunting, sounds of an Icelandic band called Sigur Ros.
They are absolutely incredible...words can't really describe how beautiful their music is! However,I will give it a try eventually. 


Expect an album review in the next couple of days!! 


Until then, I will drift away to some more music before going to bed.
Goodnight world,


Jordan 

No comments: