Friday, July 6, 2012

10 Reasons why I like Holidays

 1. Playing guitar with Nate.




Even though he sucks cos managed to almost nail a Bullet For My Valentine song which took me like three years to finally get! 
Oh well at least I can play 'Forever and Always' better than him...

  2. Ice Skating!!
 It's pretty epic!

 3. Longboarding around Palmerston for most of the weekend.
Man, I so want to get myself a longboard now! They're such fun to ride! 

 4. Chilling in Dannevirke while it's raining.


Although this could be considered a bad thing cause I'd usually get super bored, I don't mind it too much. Mostly because we took a trip to the library and I now have a small stack of books to sift through. I haven't done this much reading in ages! Haven't had enough time to I suppose. Either way, I've missed it a little bit. I used to be a mega bookworm back in the day, and even now I love divulging in a good novel (when I get the time).

 5. Four-player HALO.


I'm not really much of a gamer to be honest, but my brothers have an Xbox and we "acquired" some extra remotes, so we've been gaming quite a bit lately. Once again, something I don't usually do but the wet weather has forced me to extreme measures haha. It's actually pretty fun. And we get way to into it which just makes things hilarious. 


  6. Having time to do nothing.


  7. Learning new ways of playing guitar! 




My mate from UCOL lent me a guitar magazine agggggeees ago but this last week has been the first chance I've had to have a proper look at it. I learnt a bit of Simon and Garfunkel, and then progressed onto a sweet article about finger-tapping on an acoustic. It sounds amazing!


  8. Writing new music! OH YEAH!



9. Catching up with old friends! Well, hopefully anyway...

  10. Watching Batman at 12.30 at night




...and getting amped up for The Dark Night Rises. So keen to see this when it hits cinemas in only just two weeks!!!!! 

Oh yes, gotta love the holidays. It's so nice having a break. 



What's your favourite holiday moments? Drop in a comment if you're passing through...

3 comments:

Stevee Taylor said...

Ha, I wish I could have a holiday between all the homework and hours at work I have. But I do love being able to wake up a little later, watch movies whenever I feel like it, and not having to rush through blog posts. And hopefully I'll be able to rewatch all of Chris Nolan's films before The Dark Knight Rises! But I'm watching Game of Thrones Season One so that'll take up some time. AHHHH anyway I'm so excited for The Dark Knight Rises!!!

Tim said...

You, Nate and Rosie look like you are having fun and staying upright on your skates. Uncle Timmy.

thefallingmovement said...

Stevee - all of Chris Nolan's films? Wow that'll be a mish! I watched "Memento" a couple of months ago and I was blown away. He's such a good directer!!!! Oh yeah Game Of Thrones looks real cool! I'd be keen to watch that at some point!
Uncle Timmy - Thanks! We were having heaps of fun! :D