Wednesday, November 24, 2010

so far...


..it's not going so badly! yesterday i wrote TWO songs (well one actually and added some "oh" parts to another one but ssshh don't diminish my good feelings haha)! it was pretty awesome! i was also going to write one on monday but it did not happen seeing as i was helping my sister move. one of them has a pretty killer guitar riff in and the randomest guitar solo. oh and it's about procrastinating. of course.
the other one is a one our band has been working on for erm ages and it was vury good to get it finished!
sooo here's the lyrics for the band one:

A SILENT PRAYER

I sit here in the silence/ For once I've nothing to say/ I'm inside out before you now/ You take my breath away

Because whenever I need you you're always there/ When I fall your love erases all these doubts and fears/ I'm reaching out and Jesus you're so near/ Now I'm lost in the sound of this silent prayer

Why must I always fight you/ Every single step of the way/ When all I want to do is/ Praise your name forever and always
(c) Copyright Mayday 2010

short but meaningful - just the way i like it! :D
and the other one with the killer riff written entirely by me!

PROCRASTINATING (AGAIN)

I'll write it tommorrow that's what I said/ Never is what i think I really meant

And I'm procrastinating again/ And I'm waiting for this to end

I'm wondering if we ever had a life/ Outside of our social networking sites

Now my face is booked and my space is waiting/ Play it loud from the radio station/ I'm overworked and I've got to much on my plate/ So I think I'll just sit here and procrastinate

(c) copyright Jordan Gowan 2010
preeeety random really. but kind of cool. and it has a point...in fact i'm procrastinating right now. Eeek! better get off the computer and do band practice!

Jordan

PS happy birthday to Hannah from the USA! thanks for blogging about this challenge otherwise i wouldn't have even started it!!! :)

1 comment:

Hannah M. said...

WHOOT WHOOT, this made my day! I love the songs, Jords, you're doing an amazing job, can't wait to hear that guitar riff. :) Thank super uber much for the birthday wishes, you guys ARE amazing! "Procrastinate" is an a-m-a-z-i-n-g song!