Saturday, November 27, 2010

movies + music = magic!

the movie part happened when we went around to our friends place to shoot some scenes, which is always fun! (actually we spent half the time playing halo haha but apart from that... :D) i found out i can't do the "thriller" dance (not by a long shot!) cos we were doing this scene where i was a zombie and had to dance...the results were so disastrously funny we were crying with laughter! it was awesome! after that and the halo games we actually got down to filming something decent with a pretty epic fight sequence over in the park, before heading home.
the music part is obviously our ep! sure it took a looooooooong time coming but man was it worth the wait! it sounds so AWESOME! can't wait to get it to you all! (but unfortunately there's still all the cover art, photos etc plus a few minor niggles to get sorted out - got to make it look as awesome as it sounds!) honestly though, i could listen to that all day! never knew we sounded that good! :)
hopefully we should have a few songs online to satisfy your cravings sometime soon.
and of course, an update on my John Foreman challenge:
so far I've written three songs in 6 days....not so good! oh well at least i'm getting there. oh and i did one with the band (a silent prayer)! does that count?
anyway here's the latest:

WORDS ( my own little reggae tune! haha)

I've got to get this off my chest before the whole world stops/ If there's one thing I hate the most it's a little thing called writters block

I'm still alive and I'm still breathing/ I've always got something to say/ The world doesn't stop so I keep on singing/ Even if words get in the way

Hey man do you ever feel like no one's listening to you/ Don't be afraid to speak out come on what have you got to lose

You and me we're not that different/ Even though we're not the same/ We're both trying to make it/ Even if words get in the way

FOUR CHORDS TO FREEDOM (love this song even if it's repetitive!!!)

From the moment I open my eyes/ To the moment I close them at night/ I've been looking for a way out of here/ Will I find it anywhere

Can I escape from this mess that I've made/ All exits seem impossible/ I need some help I can't do it myself/ If I don't make it you will

Four chords to freedom/ Think I'll make it out alive this time/ My hearts still beating/ All the wrong words seem to rhyme

For the moment I'm stuck inside/ Though I'm broken I will fight the tide/ I'm not giving up or going down/ I will fight until freedom is found

From the moment I open my eyes/ To the moment I close them at night/ I've left my former cell empty/ I'm alive and I am free
both songs (c) copyright Jordan Gowan 2010

comment if you like either or both! i really should record myself or something and slap it online... so you guys can experience part of the journey and my aweful singing haha...hmm maybe after my final exam? we'll see.

Jordan

3 comments:

beka said...

you're like some kind of genius, really i'm proud that you're my brother!
play me these songs please! and i promise to listen properly.

Hannah M. said...

Love this song, Jords. You're super good at writing! Yes, post it online, I'm keen on hearing it! :D

Anonymous said...

You are a legend bro.. you're an Einstein of music or a Galilleo or a DaVinci with words. luv u!
xoMe