Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's been happening?

Hey guys.
Hows it going?
Yeah I know I haven't posted for a while. Been pretty busy looking after the kids while Mum's away.
Hmm. What have we been up to lately?
Well. First things first. Via bebo I've been having some pretty intresting conversations with a mate of mine who used to live in our town, but moved quite a while ago. So turns out him and his brother are in this "deathcore Christain band" called Fallen World, who (guess what?) got into Parachute! Just like us, they're playing on the Debut Stage there! Is that mean or what?
Just for the record: I am actually not a metal fan. I reckon it's an aquired taste. Personally I prefer singing to screaming. But in saying that there are bits I like about the genre (Christian stuff that is...) mainly the guitar which is always really good. And the drums usually are pretty good too. I reckon the statement "the sum of the whole is greater than it's parts" turned backwards pretty much sums it up. I like the parts better than the whole. And they do a pretty mean instrumental too! Check them out:http://www.myspace.com/fallenworldband
Anyway they came down to our church on Sunday as part of a visiting music team. It was a mean service. And afterwards they got us to show them some of our stuff, which was pretty mean even though I was playing a borrowed guitar not my beautiful Aram. But the amp was sweet! (It's a guitar player thing!)
Na it was good. They're pretty cool guys, and it'll be mean to play on the same stage as them at Parachute '10.
It's going to be a rocking 20th!
We also got another two shows coming up soon in December as part of a Christmas Cracker concert which is good cos we really need to work on our stage presence. It's pretty good at the mo' (it just could be better!) So we're working out our set for that. Drop us a comment if there's a song you REALLY think we should play!
Hope to see you there. More details as they come.
Ps our set will not be very long though unfortunately. =(
We really need to get practicing. =O

Jordan

No comments: