Tuesday, September 1, 2009

R.I.P Arms Reach.

Yesterday I recieved the most gutting news.
Never a good thing to happen on your birthday.
Arms Reach, my second favourite Nz band, who hard out rocked Parachute '09.............
......................have disbanded.
I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=( =( =[ #( #( #( #( #[ #[ #[


I almost cried.
Ever since I saw their mean picture on the Parachute '09 website I became obsessed with them. I really wanted to see them at In His Honour but I had to wait for Parachute.
It was worth it.
Their Mainstage perfomance: simply awesome. I moshed in jandals carrying a waterbottle. Very hard to do I tell you. Then I took them off and jumped around so much I hit a stone. It hurt. But I didn't really care at the time.
Then I got to see them again on Sunday, straight after Kingston, and that was even better. They played one of their best songs, Someone Save Us which they hadn't done on Mainstage. They had this big crasy dance party in the middle of Stop Talking, Start Dancing. A whole bunch of randoms just came on stage, frenzedly dancing, before leaving after the chorus. It was stinking awesome.
I wished I could have seen their final show.
And it said their cd was going to be downloaded free off their myspace. But the link had expired, so I couldn't get anything. =(
Farewell Arms Reach. You will be sorely missed.
Jordan
P.s Their song Stop Talking, Start Dancing inspired me to write Crash this Party. Look them up. It's worth it.

4 comments:

mayday said...

Here is where I say goodbye to my second favourite New Zealand band. Arms Reach: You're music inspired me to greater heights and made me wanna dance! I so wished I could have met you guys. Or at least got your album! I fully loved the tunes on your myspace.
And I loved your lead singers guitar!
Jordan

Anonymous said...

They were sooo cool and the meanest I feel so sad now.

*Dan*

Sam said...

i'm sry i would probably die if my fav band disbanded evn tho i met them several times but if skillet disbanded every1 would go isane
so sry =(

mayday said...

i'd be sad hardout if skillet disbanded...
nate