Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some guitar heroes. (who are not me.........not yet! =] haha)

Ok I'm really excited about our two shows. We've managed to get the first one sounding top notch. The second one will be a bit tougher playing a full gig but we're geting there, slowly.
Yesterday I was lucky enough to go meet my ex-guitar teachers brother-in-law (what a mouthful!) Sam. My guitar teacher had been going on about him for soooooooooo long you'd think he was Steve Vai or something. Ok, he wasn't quite that good but still. Only guy I've ever seen to sit down at a guitar and play instant leads. Seriously. He could just hum something random and then play it on the spot. Or find a tune which sounded sad or happy in a second. He could even play most of Always with me, Always with you!
That's pretty talented.
This guy below is insane. You just want to punch him in the face! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM


So yep. We had a bit of a practice today and now I'm feeling a bit......inadequete, if you know what I mean.
Still, that's the only thing you can't do with songs like that. Mosh (or dance) to them.
Which (hopefully) you can do with ours.

Jordan

No comments: