Sunday, May 10, 2009

Turns out busking is very productive!

Hey everyone! Man I've had a rocking weekend.
First on Friday I went to the city with Beka. While she was at Ucol I wandered around town, went to the library and bought myself Stellar Kart: All Gas, No Brake! Man it is the meanest cd. If you haven't heard Stellar Kart, then you are soooooo deprived. Seriously. Go buy a copy of one of their 3 albums - they're all AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Anyway, after Beka finished her classes, we went uptown and I busked with my mean accoustic guitar. Outside a mall. It was going pretty well to. I'd earned about 10 bucks when twang! My guitar string breaks right in the middle of Tears in Heaven! Now usually I like to get on with the show-but you kinda can't when your string's broke. So I went and bought a new string at Music Planet. Trouble was I fully didn't know how to change my string cos my guitar's fretboard is a bit weird. So I took it back to the shop and the guy fixed it for me-for free! It was real nice!
Then I went and started busking again outside a different place. It went ok-made quite a few mistakes though. And most people tended to rush into the mall rather than stop and listen or stroll by. Still I made a fair bit. Then I did I wish you were here and sung it too-quite funny.
After that this nice as Asian lady came up and started talking to me, about how long I'd been playing guitar and stuff. Then she gave me $20! man i was stoked! I did one more song then went with Beka and got icecream and sorbets even though it was wet and rainy haha we're awesome.
We got cheesecake on the way home as well.
Then we went to Youth Group.
Saturday was pretty sweet I had a soccer game (away.) We got beaten 5-1 but it was a mean game. They were only about as good as us-they just made up for it on the attack. Still, @ least we got a goal (I also got a sore head by trying to head the ball when a guy built like a tank is charging me-not the bestest of idea's. My head hit the ball, then his chest, and I got wasted as.)
Then we went home on the bus. And stopped at the pub.
That sounds real dodgy but trust me I didn't go for the beer I'm WAY to young and beer's yuk anyway.

Jordan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah bro they all say that.. we know what you're really up to aye?
:-)
xoMe

C xo said...

Man maybe you should take up busking Jaws. That's awesome as
xo

Anonymous said...

I know-it's awesome!
Jordan