Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Music Fast

Ok to keep everyone updated I have been doing a music fast for the total of 20 hours, or one day. Today that is. This means no radio, no cds, no guitar playing, no band practice,etc......
No music. Full stop. Not even cellphone ringtones.
Right now I'm wearing a pair of heavy red earmuffs to avoid Beka's music.
So why do this, you ask?
Well, this wouldn't have come to my attention at all if I hadn't randomly looked on the Soul Purpose forums, not something I do often cos I'm not a member, and found a post (is that what you call them?) by Elliot. So I had a quick read and turns out he's doing this week long music fast. I read his reasons for doing so and they seemed very valid indeed. So I thought why don't I give this a try?
My own personal reasons for doing this is because I take music to seriously. It's always there. I think about it, listen to it, play it, write it, sing it, hum it..........I'd even whistle it if I could whistle!
But it is possible to get to caught up in things of this world.
So I stopped. Only for a day. It's been hard, but worth it I reckon. It gives me time to think about what music really is, how it affects us, and most importantly, has restated my dreams. Not to be a rockstar just for the music. But to be a rockstar for Jesus.
That's why I'm doing this.
I thought up this quote, which pretty much sums it all up.
"Music, without God, is nothing. God, without music, is something."

Jordan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay Jaws you are awesome. thanks for writing this, its good to be reminded to make sure of the reason we're doing stuff.
xoMe

Sam said...

yea thnx tht's really cool i wouldn't survive w\out music tho