Monday, July 13, 2009

Long time, no see......

Haven't blogged for a while now.
Not to much has been happening lately. Nate and Dan are away playing soccer on a tour for 7 days, we're going up to join them on Wednesday. By the time we've got back we'll be real rusty! We need a show or something to get our interest back.
Last Friday we did recording with Jason at our church was such mean fun. Except for one thing. I was playing my guitar and a string broke. Then I was busy trying to replace it, and found the bridge had popped out. I thought I might have been able to shove it back in but Dad says the wood has broken. I can still play it but will need hardcore repair work. For what it's worth, I might as well buy a new, better one.
So after I changed my string we started recording while Dad went to see if he could find another guitar. We did Crash this Party and pretty much nailed it first time. Jason played it back to us and it sounded mean!
After that we did I wish you were here and Dad went to borrow someone's guitar. This took quite a few trys to get right, but it is a bit of a fiddly song.
Then we started on Collisions, Descisions and Other Things. I was playing with a borrowed guitar which was a really beautiful red Ibanez. Man I hardcore wanted it. Only thing was it was a bit to twangy for our rockier songs. Then we did two more, and were going to stop there but Dad wanted us to record One to a Hundred cos he's obsessed with that song. Wasn't the best idea though because we haven't practiced it properly for ages so we had to run through it at least four times before getting it right. As a result the last 3 songs were done a bit fast and probably won't sound quite as good on the cd.
But still, 6 tracks is pretty impressive.
We'll be able to send one of them into this comp we're going to enter too. We might be able to get onto radio!
So I've been looking up guitars on Trademe. Found a few nice Ibanez ones but it's a bit of a hard choice cos I'd like a cheap one but I don't want it to break so I should probably spend a bit more coin than usual.
Man I need to get a decent paying job.
Apart from that I haven't been up to much. Just watching movies really. Boring aye but it's real wet and rainy here so I can't go outside to build my raft grrrrrrr.

Jordan

1 comment:

Sam said...

cool can't wait (really) 2 hear ur songs!