Friday, November 30, 2012

I've spent all November saying goodbyes...

I don't really know where to start with this one.

Mostly because I'm expecting my less-than-awesome internet reception to completely die any minute now so I should probably make this short. The problem is, I could probably write a couple of novels on this one.

I want to just say it's been a great year. No, that word doesn't really do it justice but it's the best I can come up with in a short amount of time. I've been incredibly blessed in so many ways this year, what with were I was living, what I was studying with, and even just who I was hanging out with! It's funny how you sort of plan out how the year is going to go at the start, and then by the end it everything kind of went in a different direction. But I reckon overall it's been a better direction, as everything's only been upwards from the start of the year.

Not to say that there hasn't been some rough times. It's inescapable, but that's just life I guess. There's been some nights where I've wondered just what I'm doing here. There's been times when I lost direction, or lost sight of the things I stand for. But they have been much fewer and far between than previously.


This year I've met some of the coolest people ever. Whether they were from the hostel, church or UCOL, they were all super awesome to hang out with and really made me feel welcomed into the "big" city. It was actually the most at home I've felt for a while now, and I think now I realize that it doesn't really matter whereabouts you actually reside: the people make the place far more than any building ever will.

Lately though it's been feeling like everything's coming to an end. As everyone has been heading off in various direction, it feels kind of weird staying behind. Like they're gone, but I'm still carrying on, and I'm still trying to run on legs that are slowly disappearing on me. 

But it's time for something new. You can't keep a good thing going for too long, otherwise it just becomes stale. And as I kickstart yet another new experience for me (just discovering the joys of flatting haha), I know I'll never forget the friends I made, the sweet jams I've had, the mountains I've climbed (literally haha), and the good times I've had in 2012.

Catch all you guys on the flipside (aka 2013)! Bring it ONNNNN!!! 

 Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"still trying to run on legs that are slowly disappearing on me" yep, know that feeling. May yours transform into wings as you learn how to fly. xx