Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rainy Sundays...

Ahh I love the sound of rain on the roof. It's so relaxing. Still not sure how I'll make it to church without getting completely soaked, but hopefully I can work something out.
Anyway, since last time I properly posted I have:
- Got 88% for my mock exam in theory! Stoked!
- Recorded two more songs. They sounded pretty good too, despite people continuously making changes to my guitar solos.
- Turned 19! Feeling old now haha...
- Started taking up running again. Best decision ever. Man I was unfit!
- Played Pool for two whole hours. That was a mission and a half - actually it was one of the coolest times I've had this year!
- Found out I really enjoy funk music! Who would've thought?!
- Went to watch a rugby game for the first time in a stadium. Disappointing effort by the Turbos, but the drunken fans sitting behind us making massive efforts to spur them on were hilarious and well worth the ticket price.
- Bought some new music - Bloc Party's new album is quite good. May have to give it a proper review at some point. I furthered my growing interest in Radiohead by acquiring their Greatest Hits album, which was a great buy. Now I'm definitely a fan! And I realized once again how incredible Bon Iver is when I downloaded his/their self-titled record of Itunes. It all makes the 20 minute walk to UCOL so much more enjoyable.
- Realized I can play 4 different instruments now - well kind of. Guitar, ukulele & a little bit of bass and keyboards. I'm still not very good at the latter but working on that. Pretty stoked still considering at the start of the year it was all guitar, guitar, and, you guessed it, guitar.

What have you been up to lately? Anything interesting? Drop a comment in below about the thing you're most proud of achieving in the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it when you post, feels like family..keep up broadening your skills, man, you'll go far with that kind of attitude.. and you're still teaching (whoever takes the time to look) what's important in life.. Thanks for taking the time to post, its awesome hearing from you.