Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I love this time of night.

When the lights go down, and it's just you and the music.
For the briefest of moments, there is no worries, no pressures. Nothing you have to get done, nothing you worry about having to do, nothing you regret doing. Nothing you can't do another day. For the briefest of moments, everything else falls away like a thick woolen blanket sliding off your shoulders.
It feels like putting down your briefcase (or when it comes to me, a guitar case) after a long hard day of work. It feels like jumping into a cold pool on a warm day. It feels like the things in this life which we get so hung up on don't even matter in the face of eternity. And what is this life for if all we do is just worry about things we're probably never going to be brave enough to change?

You ask me why I'm an insomniac. I ask you why you're not....

No comments: