Saturday, July 23, 2011

movies

I don't usually blog about these, but I've seen a couple in the last few days, and here's my opinion on them all. So if you get reeeeeally bored, you can go to the video store and get them out. That is if you trust my judgement haha. Just saying, I know more about music than movies. But every now and then, I like watching a good flick, and I used to want to be a movie director so yeah. Anyway, heres my thoughts..
(Ps if you want some actual decent advice about movies, go here:
http://filmjunkie25.blogspot.com/)

-Fantastic 4
I thought this movie was pretty alright. Then again, that just be because I like pretty much anything with superheroes in it :D . Like most superhero movies, its always slow to get started though, because it has to explain just how the heroes got their powers.

-The Mechanic
Didn't like this movie. It was reeeeal slow moving at times, then suddenly got either extremely bloody, or...lets just say inapropriate. Wouldn't recomend it at all.

-Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
It was definitely more action packed than the first one, but I'd seen half of it already so I spent that first half satisfying my facebook addiction haha.

-I am Number 4
This was a great movie. Not nearly as mind-blowing as Inception or as beautifully made as Lord of the Rings (my two favourite movies) but really just enjoyable. Had the right amounts of action, and a decent plot. (Plus it has superpowered aliens fighting each other: what more could you want?) :D

-Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
Despite being mildly confused about the title (am I the only one who thinks it should be called Dark Side of the moon?), this was actually surprisingly good. And I mean surprisingly because I wasn't expecting anything great after the 2nd one. Also it was cool watching it in the new 3D - its really quite impressive! (Oh and on top of that it had a pretty decent soundtrack - trust me to notice the music!)

Anyway, thats all for now, so night everybody

Jordan

2 comments:

Stevee Taylor said...

Glad to see you didn't like The Mechanic. Sheesh, that film was bad.

But yes, the Transformers flicks always have awesome soundtracks. I must dig out the copy of the soundtrack I had for the first one...that was pretty awesome. I don't really like Michael Bay films, but he knows some good music, that's for sure!

Anyway, you should totally do some more movie related stuff! :P

Thanks for the linky too :)

thefallingmovement said...

haha thought you might like it! yeah i really didn't enjoy that film. :( i'll agree with you about michael bay not being the best director (transformers 2 is proof!) but i still thought the third one was good...if i was more focused on the plot than the 3D
/effects then it had to be not to bad!
I dunno, will see...still prefer music haha.

Jordan