Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yet another new song! (...and the story behind it!)

Yes I know we must be on some kind of epic roll... Two songs in 1 month has gotta be our personal record. This song's called "Falling Pieces" and I wrote it the day after Parachute. I was inspired by the awesome accoustic artists there, and so obviously it's an accoustic song. I wasn't really planning to write down anything, just playing with snippets of other songs I'd been working on. Then I just sat down and strummed my guitar a few times. Almost instantly the words sprang to my mouth, and I played through the first verse at once "And I've tried to write this song/But the words all came out wrong/ And I think I'm getting it now/ Because it's time to let it all out...."
The rest of it flowed from there. It's really basic, like most of the songs I write (they have to be for me to sing them!), but it really comes from the heart, and I can't wait to play it for all you lovely fans live!
May God be moving among you tonight.

Jordan

No comments: