Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution

I don't know about you but New Years resolutions always strike me as bit of a weird thing. Promises that we make to ourselves to do something, to be someone, to make something different this year.... it seems like we always want to change. But then again who doesn't want to be better? If we stopped at were we are would we actually get anywhere? If I stopped writing/learning/listening to new songs would music still be amazing to me? Or would life get boring? Would it be mediocre, lifeless, dull?
I think people make resolutions because they want to change. They want to be better versions of themselves. Humans constantly strive for perfection, even if we never get there. And in many ways a new year is a new start. I think the sign outside the Anglican church in our town sums things up pretty nicely. It goes something like: The year isn't NEW because of a date on a calender, its a new year because you make it new.
Thats my approach to this year. I have made 2 resolutions thus far: 1) Make 2011 an even awesomer year than 2010 in every way possible, and 2) Blog more (I think I'll have trouble keeping this one haha!).
So whats your resolutions for 2011? If you have any at all?
That's a direct question by the way...not a rheotorical one! Please comment and tell us what you're getting up to in '11 - blogging is a two part process (posts and comments!)!
Have a happy new year!

Jordan

2 comments:

Hannah M. said...

Happy New Year, Jords, good to hear from y'all again.
My resolution is: to write more music. Being in a band, I haven't been writing/composing as much as I should. But I'm going to try and change it. And hopefully to record some stuff with my father. I am striving to draw nearer to Christ, but that is an everyday resolution. :) Thanks so much for all you do, Mayday!

mayday said...

hi hannah! that sounds like a great resolution, i shoulda thought of that! :) no worries, hope you have a great new year!

Jordan