Sunday, July 7, 2013

In hibernation

That's pretty much been my life for the past two weeks, as I've been fighting to control a crazy facial infection that hasn't made life particularly awesome. Besides going on a brief job hunt, getting through a few books (mostly about music!), running a lot (up to 3 times a week yeeeeeah), jamming some gat. (loving the Black Keys, Led Zepplin, Bullet For My Valentine and John Mayer at the moment) and struggling to find inspiration while recording, I haven't been up to a lot really. Went ice skating on the weekend before a quick band practice where we finally managed to sort out a few things, which was heaps of fun. Although I almost lost a finger - falling over onto your hands in front of someone iceskating is not really ideal guys! Luckily they managed to stop, otherwise I could have had some problems fretting a few chords haha. 

So finally over mostly being stuck inside for days on end, I decided (after a fair bit of persuasion from some people!) that it was time to sort it out and head to the doctors. It was weird signing up for all that stuff, seeing as I've managed to avoid anything vaguely medical for so long. But oh well. Glad I got it sorted, cos it's been taking it out of me quite a bit. Been on a bit of a health crusade lately, eating heaps of nutritious food (lentils are actually the most filling food ever), running, and trying to get a bit more sleep than usual (with varied results - it's hard to change my late night habits haha). Me getting healthy - who would have thought?! 

On the plus side, I got my exam results back! Turns out the study was well worth it, and they were all pretty decent. B's for all three of my papers, and (somehow!) an A- for MIS, which was this awful, awful subject that I seriously thought I was going to fail for a bit. Once again, who would've thought? Crazy how things like that turn out. 

Despite being a poor student, I figured this was worthy of celebration so went out with my friend Jono today to go grab some tea. Yeah, indulging in my current obsession haha - but its so healthy and delicious arggghhhh I love it. I didn't even know Palmy even had a tea shop, but like always, the city's full of surprises. So I hooked myself up with a mango brew and chilli and chocolate tea. Yeah, you did read that right! It's a pretty buzzy flavour I must admit, but thought it was a good idea to grab some. You've got to try new things every once in a while! 

So after scoring some sweet tea (which I then had to drink Asian-styles, ie leaves straight in the cup, because we had no kettle) we said goodbye to my flatmate (the fourth of the year) who was sadly leaving us for greener pastures. Despite being with now one less flatmate, and even more importantly, fridge-less, I remain optimistic about the future. Good things are coming my way this term! And I know there's going to be more hard times in store but like I tell my friends, I know God's got my back 100%. This has been a pretty messed up year so far, but every step of the way he's been right behind me and provided for me in so many incredible ways. Yeah there's still some nights where I doubt my future, and my dreams. But I'm learning more and more every day to trust fully in God's ability to use me for his purpose wherever I am. And I do think that's the most important thing of all.

So I hibernate, but I'm not finished yet. Some could say I'm only just getting started....

Blessings,

Jordan

No comments: