Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thoughts on the weekend...

Sorry I've been so bad at posting lately. It's not that I've been terribly busy or anything lately - it's just mostly because I've been seriously lazy. And also because my computer's been having problems....

My weekends been pretty great so far. On Friday night I went on a massive skate with Beka. We were longboarding for like an hour or something crazy like that. Then I woke up late on Saturday morning, which was nice. I guess there's bonuses to no longer having a job....
The rest of the day I spent mostly playing guitar. Oh the joys of power tabs! Makes everything so much easier to learn! I was mostly playing this cheesy pop song called "Heartbreaker" (by Pat Benatar, not the Led Zepplin song of the same name unfortunately) but I also learnt "Message in a Bottle" by The Police. Love the riff in that song! The rest of the day was really relaxing - didn't do that much apart from skate to the library, which was pretty pointless cos I got there just as it was closing. Fail....

Church this morning was real good. Salt had this preacher from India/Arizona come and talk to us. He was so awesome! Felt really inspired afterwards. Man there is so much in this world which is SO SO wrong! And it's pretty scary to think that it's going to stay wrong unless we do something about it. And this guy was! He wasn't just blogging about it, or putting up a status on Facebook - he was doing it! Made me feel like I could be doing so much more with my life - to get into being that type of person, not just talking about it.
So yeah, really inspiring. And we got to sing songs in Croatian and Japanese too, which is always fun!

After a sweet lunch (yet another reason why I love living at the hostel!) I went shopping with Beka which was pretty fun. Got me a sweet shirt which is super warm. Real handy to have with the cold weather we've been having! It was pretty chilly today, and quite wet too in the afternoon. Good old Palmy weather for you.

Crossroads was pretty good tonight too. Read through Samuel 3 which is a really awesome chapter of the Bible. So cool how God spoke outright to Samuel! I was thinking about it before and kind of wishing that that kind of thing still happened today. Then I thought: "Man, probably 90% of Christians in the 21st century haven't even dedicated half of the time Samuel did to the Lord." I mean, that was literally his life. He was in the temple 24/7 from the age he was five. And then after that he was walking around prophesying and advising kings in God's ways. Man - maybe if we made God such an important part of our lives, then we would be able to hear his voice out loud? Just a thought....

How's your weekend been?

2 comments:

Hannah M. said...

Hahaha, I thought you said "I woke up on Saturday morning, which was nice" and I was like "Well yeah!" :D
1) I want to learn to longboard.
2) Whaaaaaaaaaa? the dude was from Arizona? That's right next door to me!
My weekend has been increds. Boring, but increds. :)

thefallingmovement said...

Haha Hannah, that would be kind of obvious! Waking up is always nice! 1)You definitely should! It's an awesome way of getting around!
2) Next door? Like as in you walk out your door and bam there's Arizona?
Increds - does that mean incredible?