Monday, March 21, 2011

Jamming

I've been doing so much of it lately...
The good thing is, I think I'm getting a lot better at the guitar. For example we played one of our songs the other day and there was a solo in it I used to think was hard but I totally nailed it. without even practicing it a hundred times first. I was stoked!
The bad thing about it is that I keep jamming out instead of doing band practice, and as a result we're kind of failing at being a band at the moment. We haven't wroten a song for four whole months now and all our old stuff is starting to drive me crazy. Time for something new~

On the plus side, we've had shows coming out of our ears. Since Open Air 2011 we've had a gig at our Youth Group (which was totally insane! We had a moshpit going on with about thirty people!!!) and we played at our Church Camp this last weekend. Ok we kind of sucked at being acoustic but that's only because we're a little out of practice. And this Friday we're playing at our school's concert to raise funds for Christchurch. So that should be fun.
Anyway that's about it from us...what have you guys been up too?
Comment pleeease!
Thanks,

Jordan

2 comments:

Hannah M. said...

SWEETNESS. I've been too! I got to test a banjo at a music store today, and am looking into buying it! It's really awesome, what do you say? Glad you guys have found more gigs! That's awesome. :)
I need to write more too... =/

mayday said...

yeah it's great except now we're getting out of practice at songwriting cos we're to darn busy!!
that's awesome! i love banjos, they're so cool! especially in rock music. it's like the weirdest, yet awesomest combo ever!
Jordan